The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Mathematics and Computer Science Library
|Home||Services||Information||Description||Classification||Serials||Electronic resources||Tutorials||Internet Sites||News||Contents||Web Catalog|
Related library web pages : Databases Electronic Journals FAQ
This is a guide to finding information on mathematics and computer science. It covers the HUJI Math and Computer Science Library, and also provides information on how to begin searching elsewhere, should you need to.
|Step 1 : Search the HUfind catalog for "Articles & More"|
New features in HUfind
The new discovery tool allows a combined search of the Library Catalog (books, theses) and Articles & More (databases)
|Step 2 : Search for articles in the databases from the Databases page. Click on the FindIt @ HUJI (SFX) button/link when available.|
Note the differences between the databases.
- Mathematics (1940- )
- The MathSciNet חיפוש במאגר - הדרכה
- Mathematics (Historical):
For additional resources see: Electronic Resources → Databases
- Book collections in math:
A distributed digital library of mathematical monographs → Search
A collaborative project of the University of Michigan Library, Cornell University Library, and the State and University Library Göttingen.
The Göttinger Digitalisierung Zentrum (Click on Mathematica) also has articles. (see also: emani)
Article archives in Mathematics, try (for additional resources see: Electronic Databases):
DML: Digital Mathematics Library / WDML: World Digital Mathematics Library
Bibiliographic info and abstracts (database of articles in mathematics):
Zentralblatt Math (goes back to 1868)
- Computer Science, Engineering and Physics
- ACM Digital Library חיפוש במאגר - הדרכה More information
includes ACM Guide to Computing Literature
- General & Citation Index
- Web of knowledge (ISI) חיפוש במאגר - הדרכה
only for articles after 1984.
- מאמרים בעברית
- Index to Hebrew Periodicals (IHP) מפתח חיפה למאמרים בעברית
- UMI's Dissertation Publishing / Proquest
1861- ; Most dissertations after 1997 are available in digital format (PDF)
Databases → Publishers' search tools
|Step 3 : Check if you have access to the bibliographic items you need|
First of all, search: SFX Citation Linker
More information : SFX, the OpenURL link resolver
If you don't find it there:
- Library catalog : hufind.huji.ac.il
or the Classic catalog
- SFX Find e-Journals & e-books More information : FindIt @ HUJI (SFX) FAQ / Muriel and Philip Berman Medical Library
- The library's subscriptions to electronic journals
- The MALMAD Databases and Collections list: includes many providers (publishers and databases) in all fields of research (including the Humanities and Social sciences) and many more available e-journals.
- Check the ULE: Electronic Journal Subscriptions of MALMAD Member Libraries
|Step 4 : Searching for Periodicals in Other Libraries|
Not all of the periodicals indexed will be held in the Math and Computer Science Library. If the periodical you want is not held in our library and you wish to find out which library does hold it, there are a number of locating tools you can check.
- The Israel Union List of Serials (ULS)
This database lists periodicals which are held in Israeli Academic libraries. ; Periodicals can be searched by title or keyword. The periodical record will indicate the years and volume numbers for periodicals held in each library.
- ULE: Electronic Journal Subscriptions of MALMAD Member Libraries
- Israel Union List (ULI)
This catalog contains a combined, brief listing of the catalogs of the Israeli university and college libraries. Includes periodicals, books and conference proceedings.
- Other Libraries (Catalogues)
|Step 5 (if steps 1-4 failed) : Document Delivery Services (Interlibrary loan)|
Ask at the Information Desk for further information.
Guides to citing articles (including Internet sources):
The MLA Style center / Authorized by the Modern Language Association of America
Citing Your Sources (citation styles, style guides, and avoiding plagiarism): Examples & General Rules for MLA, APA, & Chicago & Turabian Styles / University of California, Berkeley - library
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide / The Purdue University Online Writing Lab
Reference management software:
- EndNote Web / Thomson Reuters. הדרכה
- EndNote is used to manage bibliographies and references when writing essays and articles.
Top of this page