מכון איינשטיין למתמטיקה
Einstein Institute of Mathematics
|Home||About||Staff||Studies||Colloquia & Events||Research||Services & Resources||Sites|
Annual lecture series in memory of Prof. Aryeh Dvoretzky
In 2009, the Einstein Institute of Mathematics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem established an annual lecture series in memory of Professor Aryeh Dvoretzky (1916-2008).
Each lecturer will deliver two lectures. It is suggested that one lecture be accessible to the university scientific community at large (colloquium-style) and the additional lecture may be more specialized and of interest to professional mathematicians and specialists.
2016 On the centenary of Prof. Dvoretzky's birth
Prof. Lai-Sang Young Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
Ergodic theory of differentiable dynamical systems
Both lectures will take place in Lecture Hall 2, Manchester House (Mathematics building), Edmond J. Safra Campus. Givat Ram, Jerusalem .
- Lecture 1. Thursday, April 7th, 14:30 Department Colloquium Lecture Hall 2
Measuring dynamical complexity Abstract
This lecture is aimed at a general audience.
- Lecture 2. Sunday, April 10th, 16:00 Lecture Hall 2
Proving the positivity of Lyapunov exponents Abstract
- 2015 Prof. Terence Tao UCLA
- Lecture 1, Wednesday March 18th at 14:00 Watch on
Local universality for random matrices and zeroes of random polynomials Abstract
- Lecture 2, Thursday March 19th at 14:30 (at the colloquium) Watch on
Small and large gaps between the primes Abstract
- 2013 Prof. H.-T. Yau Harvard
- Lecture 1, Tuesday, May 21th, 2013, at 14:00
Random matrices, Dyson Brownian motion and De Georgi-Nash-Moser theory of parabolic regularity Abstract
- Lecture 2, Thursday, May 23rd, 2013, at 14:30 (at the colloquium) Universality of random matrices Abstract
- 2012 Prof. S.R. Srinivasa Varadhan (NYU) : Large deviations Abstracts
- Lecture 1, Thursday, May 17th, 2012, at 16:00 (at the colloquium) A general view on large deviations
- Lecture 2, Monday, May 21st, 2012 at 14:00 Large deviations for nonconventional sums
- 2011 Prof. Ofer Zeitouni (Weizmann Institute of Science and the University of Minnesota). March 31st and April 5th, 2011. Abstracts
- 2010 Prof. Y. Sinai (Princeton). April 22nd and 25th, 2010. Abstracts